Joy-Seeking Joy Even in The Pain

As you know, I have written two books. I started writing when my ex walked out after a 37-year marriage. I was devastated and completely lost in my newfound reality. My first book is all about the initial pain and confusion. My second book is filled with logistics on how to proceed through the divorce process, and my third will be about Joy.



I remember that even in my deep depression during the early separation and divorce days, I was seeking joy.  I am not really sure if I realized it at the time, but I was.  My goal, other than just breathing during this most difficult time in my life, was to seek God's beauty even in the pain.  In seeking and finding God's beauty, the byproduct would be joy.   

Here is a poem I wrote early in the painful process...

I think in finding God's beauty and finding joy you find hope.  I believe they all go hand in hand.  If we search past the pain to seek hope, then we can have joy in our lives.

As I begin to write about joy, I will share what I discover here on my blog. There are so many things that can bring joy into our lives, and that will be my focus as I prepare to write my third book. 

My next post on Joy will be focused on the definition of the word.  I would love any feedback that you could share.  Please post in the comment box or shoot me a note at kathieyvwriter@gmail.com

I wish you joy in your journey!
KathieyV

Here are links to my books on Amazon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?

Travel Blast From the Past-Linville Falls Winery in the Mountains of NC