Travel-NC Travel-Ayr Mount Part 1-The Outside of Ayr Mount In Hillsborough NC

I love to explore new places.  I decided to slowly explore Hillsborough, NC.  It is only about 30 minutes from where I live, so I will take a few trips to get a feel for this Historic, very pretty town.   

There is a historic location called Ayr Mount. The beautiful house, with early nineteenth-century architecture, sits on a property of greater than 500 acres. 

As I came upon the lovely house, I found it to be warm and inviting.  Even though brick masonry was in its early stages in the early 1800s, Kirkland managed to get his hands on this lovely brick.  The house was built in 1815.  The owners from Ayr Scottland were William and Margaret Kirkland.

Here is a quote from the site...

"The construction of Ayr Mount marked a high point in the prosperity of the Kirkland family, who owned the property until they sold it to Richard H. Jenrette in 1985".

There is a long walkway up to the front door of the home...






The house is brick with wood trim and shutters...



On the property, I found a family cemetery...




Before I visited the house, I took the Poet's walk around the property.
My next post on Ayr Mount will cover the interior of the house.
Get Out and Explore!
Happy Travels,
KathieyV




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?