Entertainment Wrap-Up-What I Watching and Listening To so Far in November. What Are You Watching

Entertainment Wrap-Up for November 7, 2023


Here are a few movies, TV shows, a podcast or two, and maybe a song.  Things that I have been watching/reading/or listening to lately.

**********

On Hulu

A Hulu Movie...

A Haunting in Venice

Here is the description I found on Hulu...

Now retired and living in self-imposed exile in the world's most glamorous city, Poirot reluctantly attends a seance at a decaying, haunted palazzo. He soon gets thrust into a sinister world of 
shadows and secrets when one of the guests is murdered.
Starring: Kenneth Branagh, Tina Fey, Camille Cottin, Riccardo Scamarcio, Kelly Reilly
Director: Kenneth Branagh
Mystery, Thriller
Movie2023
1h 43m
The Score on Rotton Tomatoes was a very good one

This movie I would describe as an old-fashioned "Whodunit It" style movie.  You have murders and people confined together in one spot and a main investigator searching for the answers.  Mixed in is the question...is the killer paranormal or among the living?
I enjoyed it. You will recognize many of the actors.  It was a bit slow at times but mostly a fun ride.  I will give it an 8/10 on my movie scale.
A couple of quotes from the movie...

"I'm the smartest person I ever met, and I can't figure it out, so I came to the second."

"In Venice, we say every house is haunted or cursed."



A Hulu TV-Show
Master Chef-Season 13

A culinary competition series that searches for the best home cooks in America, and through a series of exciting elimination rounds, will turn one of them into a culinary master.

TV-PG-Lifestyle & Culture, Family, Cooking & Food, Reality
 
I think I have watched all 13 seasons of Master Chef.  I enjoy it every season.  I only get upset when someone I do not like wins.  I won't tell you who won this season, but I was happy with the outcome:-)

**********

Netflix

A Netflix Movie...

Matilda

I decided to watch something I have watched in the past that I really liked-Matilda. When you watch movies with young grandchildren, you never really see the entire movie, so I decided it was high time I sat down and gave my full attention to the movie. Here is a movie synopsis I found...


This film adaptation of a Roald Dahl work tells the story of Matilda Wormwood (Mara Wilson), a gifted girl forced to put up with a crude, distant father (Danny DeVito) and mother (Rhea Perlman). Worse, Agatha Trunchbull (Pam Ferris), the evil principal at Matilda's school, is a terrifyingly strict bully. However, when Matilda realizes she has the power of telekinesis, she begins to defend her friends from Trunchbull's wrath and fight back against her unkind parents.



This movie is filled with Magical Realism.  Here is a quote I liked from the movie. 
"Having power isn't nearly as important as what you choose to do with it."
Below is a movie clip and a song I liked from the movie.
The song is by Thurston Harris/The Sharps called Little Bitty Pretty One" (1957)

I would give this movie a 10/10 on the scale of fun family movies.  I suggest you watch it...Enjoy:-)


TV Show
Godless
I started to watch this last week.  There are some great actors on this show, and it is an edge-of-your-seat style drama.  There are some really good people and some very evil people on this show,
Be aware it is violent.  Trigger warning for sure for sexual assault.  I just fast-forward :-)
I did finish the mini-series.  It is very good and would be a great binge-watch.
Here is what rotten tomatoes has to say...

Notorious criminal Frank Griffin and his gang of outlaws are on a mission -- get revenge on Roy Goode, a former protege who betrayed the brotherhood. On the run, Roy seeks refuge in isolated mining town La Belle, N.M., where he lives with Alice Fletcher, a hardened widower and outcast. When word reaches La Belle, which is governed mainly by women, that Griffin is headed there, the residents of the town band together to defend against his murderous gang.



I like this quote I heard in the trailer...
"It's a fearful thing to love what death can touch."

**********

Podcasts

This week I am listening to a new to me podcast on Spotify.  
It is called This American Life. Here is how they describe the show...

This American Life is a weekly public radio program and podcast. 
Each week we choose a theme and put together different kinds of stories on that theme.

The first episode I listened to was  "And the Call Was Coming From The Basement"  It is a few scary stories for Halloween.  I looked over the archived titles and decided to listen to "Getting Away With It." After listening to both episodes, I decided it was not one I wanted to follow, but you may love it so check it out.

**********
Music
A song I like this week on Spotify
Accidentally in Love by Casting Crowns for Shrek 2
(This song makes me want to dance:-)

What are you watching, reading, and listening to?
I would love to know in the comment box.

KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?