October Party Plan-Let's Have a Pumpkin Carving Party with Recipes

Well, it is that time again.  Time to plan a party.  It is October, and the choices for fall parties are endless.  I decided to plan a pumpkin carving party for October.

Let's start with the pumpkins.  You can elect to provide the pumpkins or ask your guests to BYOP (Bring Your Own Pumpkin).  I have decided to ask folks to bring their own pumpkin and pumpkin carving tools.  

Pumpkin carving can be messy, so you must prepare an area that allows easy cleanup.  Ideally, I will carve my pumpkins outside, but if that is not an option, you have to cover your table and have containers to retrieve the pumpkin seeds for roasting later and another container for the pumpkin's guts.

Let's head to Amazon to see what we can find to set up our pumpkin carving station.




2-Pumpkin Carving Stencils: 50 Halloween Templates for Carving Pumpkins

3-CANDLE CHOICE Halloween Pumpkin LED Lights with Remote Timer-I think this would be better than trying to light candles in the pumpkin.

4-Clovers Garden Fall Thanksgiving 6” Metal Plant Pot-I am not sure if these are big enough for what I wanted, but they were cute, so I decided to post them.  You can use whatever you have, from buckets to bowls.

5-Besutolife Pumpkin Halloween Tablecloth Light Up - Waterproof Rectangle Table Cloth with LED Lights for Dining Table Decorations-I can see using large trash bags instead of a tablecloth.  If I used this tablecloth, I would still give each person a trash bag where they could do their work.

6-COTTON CRAFT Hotel Spa Luxury Hand Towels - 6 Pack - 16 in x 28 in-Pumpkin carving is messy, so it would be nice to have a small towel for each person.

7-OWUDE Professional Pumpkin Carving Kit, 11 Pieces Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Carving Tools

8-4 Pieces Halloween Apron

I had to add this on for the young kids in my family.  No carving is needed. I ordered it today:-) OYIN 18 Packs Halloween Make a Face Stickers,Pumpkin Decoration Craft Kit


If you decide to keep the pumpkin seeds for roasting, be aware they need to dry before roasting.  Here is an article on how to clean and roast pumpkin seeds.

Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds

Ranch Pumpkin Seeds

Here is my Party Menu

Pumpkin Patch Bites I would put mayo and mustard on the side for this one.

Easy Rotel Dip served with tortilla chips.

White Chicken Chili

Crescent Mummy Hotdogs for the kids.

There will be Apple Juice for the Kids and for the adults' Apple Cider Punch.

For dessert, it would be fun to make Pull-Apart Graveyard Cupcakes.

That is it for my Pumpkin Carving Party.  What would you add to the festivities?

I hope for you many fun parties!

Kathieyv


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?