Books, Music, Movies and TV-Entertainment Wrap-Up For September 2023

 Entertainment Wrap-Up

Welcome to my entertainment wrap-up.  Below are the books I am reading, the shows and movies I am watching, and one music video just for fun.



Rocky and I decided we would go to the movies.  We looked at what was playing and decided to go see The Equalizer 3 with Denzel Washington.  I had not seen the previous two movies.  We could not find the first one but decided to watch the Equalizer 2.  I really enjoyed it.  It is violent, but he is fighting the bad guys so it is justified in my mind.


After watching The Second Equalizer, we headed off to the theater to see the third one.  You don't have to see the second to enjoy the third, but there are a few things you would not understand if you had not seen it, so I suggest you do.  I did enjoy the second better than the third.  It is still a good movie, though. Keep in mind it is pretty graphic in regard to violence.


Then we decided to go see another movie.  It is getting close to October, so we thought, let's go see a scary movie for the Halloween season.  Nun 2 was playing, so we thought, why not.  Like the Equalizer movies, I had not seen The Nun.  We rented The Nun in order to be ready for the second Nun movie.

The Nun is a good scary movie.  I would not recommend it for kids.  There are many jump scenes that I did enjoy.


The Nun 2 is a scary jump-scene-packed movie.  I personally enjoyed it.  Again not for young children.

Watching the Nun movies took me down the rabbit hole of wanting to watch all the related movies.  Here is the list of all of them I found that are in the order they were released. I have not finished them all, but I am working on it.  The ones I have seen are in italics.

The Conjuring (2013)
Annabelle (2014)
The Conjuring 2 (2016)
Annabelle: Creation (2017)
The Nun (2018)
The Curse of La Llorona (2019)
Annabelle Comes Home (2019)
The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021)
The Nun 2

The movies are silly, scary movies that are fun.  Lots of jump scenes.  They are supposed to be based on a true story, but for me, that is difficult to comprehend.  The goal is to finish them all before Halloween.

I did watch one of my favorite movies again.  Ghost Town.  A funny, sweet, paranormal, romantic comedy.  I highly recommend it.  I don't think the trailer does it justice.  I love this movie.

As far as TV shows go...
Hulu
Mom-I really enjoy this sitcom.  It is a bit off-color, but I have fallen in love with the characters. Here is how it is described on Hulu..."Anna Faris and Emmy Award winner Allison Janney star in this often heart-wrenching comedy about a mother and daughter who are trying to get their life on track."  I don't see it as heart-wrenching...more comedy to me.  I am on season 7.

I am still watching Master Chef, and Outchef'd on Hulu.  Both are great reality cooking shows.  I started two new ones, and they are both reality shows, Survive the Raft and Battle of the Decades.  I will let you know next time what I think of them.

I did watch another movie it was called The Menu on HBO.  Here is a description...
I enjoyed it, but I felt the reasoning behind the movie was never explained.  Many people I have talked to love this movie.  It is worth watching; the actors do a great job.  I just watched the trailer and now I want to watch it again:-)


Books
As far as reading, I have done a pretty poor job of the physical books.  I tend to listen to Audible a lot more these days.

The Chain by Adrian McKinty
Thriller, Fiction, Mystery, Crime, 

A Description From Good Reads
It's something parents do every morning: Rachel Klein drops her daughter at the bus stop and heads into her day. But a cell phone call from an unknown number changes everything: it's a woman on the line, informing her that she has Kylie bound and gagged in her back seat, and the only way Rachel will see her again is to follow her instructions exactly: pay a ransom, and find another child to abduct. This is no ordinary kidnapping: the caller is a mother herself, whose son has been taken, and if Rachel doesn't do as she's told, the boy will die. 

"You are not the first. And you will certainly not be the last." Rachel is now part of The Chain, an unending and ingenious scheme that turns victims into criminals—and is making someone else very rich in the process. The rules are simple, the moral challenges impossible; find the money fast, find your victim, and then commit a horrible act you'd have thought yourself incapable of just twenty-four hours ago. 

I enjoyed this book.  I would give it a 4/5 on my reading scale.

Music
I continue to organize my Spotify playlists.  I am listening to music from the 50's to today.  This has been a lot of fun.  
I occasionally listen to Country Music.  Last week I found a country song I love.
 Hold On to It by Tim McGraw.  I now love this song!


I would love to know what you are reading, watching, and listening to; put it in the comments. 

Have a great weekend!

KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?