Travel-Two Days in Apex NC with Itinerary

I love to travel. I can't always hop on a plane to visit far-away destinations, but I can take a road trip to area locations. I enjoy visiting small towns because I love the small-town charm. With that in mind, I knew where to go Apex, NC. Apex is a short drive from where I live, so I thought It would be an excellent place to explore. So here are a few things to do if you find yourself in Apex, NC. There are links throughout this post on my Apex Experience and some direct links to the businesses.



The first thing I would do is find the perfect place to stay. I have always enjoyed the welcome feel of a Bed and Breakfast, so that is where I began my search. I found the ideal place. Located less than 5 miles from downtown Apex is a lovely B&B called B&B's Country Garden Inn. I did not stay because I live so close to Apex, but I visited and got the grand tour, and I was impressed by the owner's welcoming attitude and friendliness.


My next stop is always the visitor center or chamber of commerce, where I can usually find top attractions, historical attractions, a popular destination or two, and overall best places to visit.

I took a stroll through downtown Apex, the historic district on my first day. Here you can find antique shops, gift shops, restaurants, and more. It is a lovely area.


I spent a day exploring the downtown shops and found some very interesting places. Many shops were closed when I was there, so I always check business times before heading out. Here is what I found when Visiting a Few Shops in Downtown Apex.
There are many very nice restaurants in Apex. I was only able to visit a few, but there are several more I would like to try. One very popular place is Scratch Kitchen and Tap Room. The food and the service were fabulous. I also visited Tap Station and Anna's Pizzeria and enjoyed both places. Another restaurant I have visited in the past was Provincial, where both the food and the service were terrific.


When traveling I am typically on the lookout for wine. I look for area wineries and wine stores. I was in luck in downtown Apex becasue I found the perfect spot Peak of the Vine. This a great place in the downtown area to enjoy a great wine. They have all types of live music events and classes that you can sign up for aswell. Other options for wine are Bottle Theory and Cloer Family Vineyards. (Please check business hours before visiting for example Cloer vineyards has limited hours) There is an area brewery, I did not visit because I am a wine girl but here is the link, Southern Peak Brewery.


I did plan a day with my older grandkids. Maggie is 6 and Caleb is 11. We did not go out for breakfast but if we did we would have gone to First Watch in Apex. After breakfast we would head to Defy Gravity. We have been several times and it is non-stop activity for 90 minutes. They love it. After that we head out to lunch at the close by Red Robin. I did take Maggie and Caleb on the sculpture walk downtown Apex. you can download a map or pick up a physical map at the chamber of commerce. After our walk we went to Fresh for some icecream. It was a great day!


Here is my 2 Days in Apex Itinerary


On my trips I am on the look out for things to get me outside and moving.  I have heard good things about Kelly Road Park if you have kids with you it would be a nice place to blow off some steam. Jordan Lake is near by for hiking and water fun.  If you like golf you could visit Knights Play
Check out The Halle Cultural Arts Center for events as well as Beaver Creek for shopping, food and movies. 
If you find yourself in Apex I hope you find this Itinerary helpful.  Apex is a charming town that is worth the visit.
Happy Travels!
KathieyV


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic