Wine Pairing with Spaghetti-What Wine Should I Serve With Spaghetti?

I enjoy pairing different foods with wine.  Do I have any knowledge of how to do so?  Nope.  I will go to google to figure out which wine I should pair with spaghetti.


My grandkids have told me that I make the best spaghetti in the world.  Considering I am using canned tomato sauce, a bit of hamburger, and dried pasta I buy in the grocery store, that is quite a compliment.  My secret ingredient is adding just a touch of sugar to the sauce, which cuts the acidity of the tomato sauce. 

So what type of wine is suggested to serve with your basic spaghetti?   I have found after reading several articles that the best wine to serve with spaghetti has to do with what ingredients are in the spaghetti.

If your spaghetti has an acidic red sauce, it is best to serve it with an acidic wine.  The types of whites suggested are Sauvignon Blanc, Rose, Pino Grigio, or Riesling.  The reds suggested are Merlot, Shiraz, Nebbiolo and Zinfandel. 

I always add ground beef to my spaghetti sauce, and a medium or full-bodied wine is suggested if you add meat. They list Chardonnay, White Rioja, Rhones, or Riesling.  

I am making spaghetti this week.  I have decided to pair my basic spaghetti and meat sauce with a Chardonnay.  I know the perfect wine choice will depend on the type of sauce and any added meats or seafood but for this week's Wine Wednesday, I wanted to focus on your standard spaghetti. 

Happy Wine Tasting and Wine and Foood Pairing, Everyone!

KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?