Reading Watching and More Lifestyle Vlog Oct 31, 2021

My Reading, Watching, and More Vlog Oct 2021

My YouTube Version is below




Books

What I am reading now?

Infinite By Brian Freeman

Science Fiction, Thriller, Fiction


I am typically not a Sci-Fi person, but this one is good.  If you can get past the fact that there are parallel universes where our doppelgangers exist and that we have many doubles with many different personalities, you will probably like this book.  

This book is a 9 hour and 47 minutes listen, but it goes quickly.  I have a little over an hour's listen left, and I am really enjoying this book.

Here is what a Good Reads reviewer had to say...

"This is the first book I've read by Brian Freeman and I loved it. Parallel worlds with similarities of Jack the ripper murders. The ending was hang on to your seat thrilling."


The physical book I am reading is We Are The Brennans by Tracey Lange

Fiction, Contemporary, Family

Here is what a Good Reads reviewer had to say
"Reading this novel I can tell that the author, coming from a large Irish family herself, knows the ins and outs of family dynamics. This was a very enjoyable read that touched upon the complexities of family life, including secrets, trust, love, discovering that even your parents are not perfect, while still holding on to the strong family bonds formed as they were growing up."

I am on page 82, and I think the book is ok.  At this point, I would give it a 3/5, but it may change.  I am interested in the family dynamics, but it is a bit slow for me, but I will keep reading.  I do like the character development and many of the family members. 


Family

This fall, I have been to the Zoo in Asheboro, NC, twice.  I went once with Erica, Jane, and Riley and then again with Caleb and Maggie.  Both times were wonderful!



Halloween

Today is Halloween, and what a fun time it has been.  We have decorated pumpkins, gone to local events, and tonight we are giving out candy and enjoying my new White Chicken Chili Recipe at Steph's house.  

Jane's Decorated Pumpkin

Riley the Kitty Cat

Maggie was so happy to have won the Amberly Cakewalk
What fun!

Fun Event in Downtown Hillsborough NC


Entertainment

I was trying to get into the Halloween spirit, so I watched Monster House on Netflix.  It is a good movie but a bit dark and probably not for younger children.  The rating for this movie is PG. 

Here is a description 

"No adults believe three youths' assertion that a neighboring residence is a living creature that means them harm. With Halloween approaching, the trio must find a way to destroy the structure before innocent trick-or-treaters meet ghastly ends."

Here is the trailer

Dope Sick is a TV show I am watching on Hulu.  It is what I would call a docu-drama on Oxycotin. I find it very interesting and also very sad.  How could this happen?  I have watched 5 episodes, and it is still in progress.  I saw on one site there are 8 episodes. It is a very good mini-series.  

Here is how it is described by the NY Times

"A Hulu mini-series traces the story of OxyContin from the offices of Purdue Pharma to the examining room of an Appalachian doctor (played by Michael Keaton). “Dopesick,” Hulu's ambitious and intermittently compelling mini-series about the role of Purdue Pharma in the opioid crisis, is built around the theme of pain."



Upcoming Reads

I think my next read will be "The Fortune Cookie Writer" by Nina Navisky

This is a Nov 2021 release.

This is about a woman, Marissa,  blindsided by divorce.  She is a dog walker by day and a fortune cookie writer by night. Marissa is broke and takes on job-making dinners for an elderly woman and discovers her new client's history.  Marissa's son is gifted musically but has issues that need to be addressed.  It seems like the three of them will come together and, as the description says, "create good fortune for the three of them."

This book sounds inspiring, and I can't wait to read it.

Book Quote of the Week

This quote is taken from the Whisper Man.  You can see my review on my 

Five Book Reading Wrap-Up.

I would agree with this quote.  How can you be brave if you are not afraid?

Have a great week, everyone!
KathieyV:-)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?