Recipe Review White Chicken Chili with Wine Pairing

Recipe Review-White Chicken Chili from Cooking Classy 
It is finally fall here in NC.  You can feel the weather trying to change but it is still hot.  I am waiting impatiently for the cooler weather.  I had read an article about White Chicken and Wine Pairing and I thought I should try that.  Just maybe if I do this it will bring the cooler weather.  I can hope. 
I selected a recipe from a site called Cooking Classy.  Let's get started.
I gathered my ingredients
Nice and creamy!
                                  
I loved this wine!
                        


I really enjoyed this recipe. It is comfort food on a cold fall or winter evening.

Happy Cooking Everyone!

KathieyV

The recipe below is printable with or without a photo.

                                             

White Chicken Chili

Yield: 6
Author: Classy Cooking
Prep time: 15 min cook time:  35 min total time:  50 Min

Ingredients

White Chicken Chili
  • 1 small yellow onion diced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth (I used a 32 oz container and I did not use low sodium)
  • 1 (7 oz) can diced green chilies
  • 1 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 (8 oz) pkg Neufchatel cheese (aka light cream cheese), cut into small cubes
  • 1 1/4 cup frozen or fresh corn
  • 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans
  • 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked rotisserie or left-over chicken (I used one rotisserie chicken)
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
  • Tortilla chips or strips, Monterrey jack cheese, sliced avocado for serving (optional) (I served with crusty bread and Monterrey Jack Cheese)

Instructions

  1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
  2. Add chicken broth, green chilies, cumin, paprika, oregano, coriander, cayenne pepper, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring mixture just to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
  3. Drain and rinse beans in a fine-mesh strainer or colander then measure out 1 cup. Set whole beans aside, transfer 1 cup beans to a food processor along with 1/4 cup broth from soup, puree until nearly smooth. (I used a blender)
  4. Add Neufchatel cheese to soup along with corn, whole beans, and pureed beans, and stir well. Simmer 5 - 10 minutes longer.
  5. Stir in chicken, fresh lime juice, and cilantro. Serve with Monterrey Jack cheese, more cilantro, avocado slices, and tortilla chips if desired.

Notes:

It took me far longer to make this than the time suggested in the original recipe.

Be sure and cut your cream cheese into small pieces because it takes a while to melt.

Suggested wine pairings

White Wine - Sauvignon Blanc and Red Wine - Pinot Noir

I served mine with Arrebella 2020 Sauvignon Blanc from West Cape South Africa. It was very good

I gave this recipe 5/5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?