Travel-Divine Llama Vineyards. Wine and Llama Trekking

My Visit to Divine Llama and Vineyards in East Bend, NC.  This is a repost from 2020.  
It was so much fun I wanted to post it again
I have been talking about visiting Divine Llama Vineyards for years.  I knew there were llamas and wine, so it had to be a fun place for a new adventure.  The vineyard is located in East Bend, NC.  This was about a two-hour drive from where I live, so I decided it was close enough for a day trip. 
The vineyard was started in 2007. It is Yadkin Valley had they have award-winning wines.  They are situated on 91 acres.  

I enjoyed two glasses of Chardonel wine. I had to look up what this was, which I found on Wikipedia.
"Chardonel is a late-ripening white wine hybrid grape which can produce a high-quality wine with varietal character. ... It is distinguished by its superior wine quality combined with high productivity and cold hardiness superior to its acclaimed parent Chardonnay."




You could see Pilot Mountain from the Vineyard.


The Llama's
I learned from their website that this is the largest llama farm in the southeast.

It was apparent immediately that the llamas were well-loved and felt extremely comfortable with people.



The babies are adorable.
Let's go trekking...
Our trusty guides
If you decide to go llama trekking, you need to make reservations.  Someone on the trip told me reservations are limited, and one person said they made their reservations a year in advance.  Luckily, I found one ticket available on the day I could go, so I scooped it up.  It is a two-mile hike.  There is an age limit of 10 and above.


What a fun day.  I found the llamas to be sweet and easy to handle.  I learned from our guides that you should buy two if you ever decide to buy a llama.  They are social animals and need a buddy.  I also found out that llamas are part of the camel family.  I did not know that.  This fact was stated when one of the trekkers asked if his llama may be thirsty. 
What a wonderful day.  The trip's cost was $50, and for me, it was well worth the price.
Check out my youtube video,


Happy Travels, Everyone!
KathieyV

Comments

  1. Oh wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not a wine drinker but I would love to trek with the llamas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic