Recipe Review..."Turkey Lasagna Rolls"

Here is a recipe I have made several times over the years.  When the kids were little they loved it and  I have always enjoyed it too. Yummy "Turkey Lasagna Rolls".  I can't remember where I found this recipe but it is simple and tasty.  Great served with a salad and a fresh round of bread. I  gathered my ingredients......





Roll-up station:-)







Here is the recipe....

Turkey Lasagna Rolls (12 servings)
*12 Lasagna noodles, uncooked
*1 pound ground turkey
*1 small onion finely chopped
*1 clove of garlic minced (I used garlic powder equivalent)
1 (28 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce (I always use a bit more)
1 (14 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce (I always use a bit more)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp of salt
1 (15 oz) container of ricotta cheese
1 (12 oz) container of cottage cheese
1 cup (4 oz) of shredded mozzarella cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp of dried Italian seasoning
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
Cook noodles according to package directions.  Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside. (I pat them dry with paper towels before I use them)
Cook turkey, onions, and garlic until turkey is browned, stirring until turkey is crumbled in a dutch oven or large pot.  Add spaghetti sauce, parsley, and salt.  Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Spoon 1 cup of sauce mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.  Set aside.
 Combine ricotta cheese and next 5 ingredients.  Spread evenly over each noodle. 
Roll up jellyroll fashion starting at the narrow end.  Place seam side down in baking dish.  Pour remaining sauce mixture over rolls and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.  Cover tightly.
Bake covered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
         Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until heated through.


If I were to change anything about this recipe I would probably top it with shredded mozzarella cheese.  I think that would make for a pretty presentation. 

Happy Cooking and Eating Everyone!
I would have to give this a 9/10 on my cooking scale.

Comments

  1. I've never tried rolling my lasagna. It looks really nice and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm those look so tastey! Thanks for sharing this. I will have to try these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good healthy alternative. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lot of thx thx thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for sharing this recpies and see How To Cook A Turkey In The Oven and see more recipes on http://vitalrecipe.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic