Food Photography-Using an iPhone in a Restaurant-Exposure


I love to take photos of food, and I also love to do blog posts on restaurants that I visit.  I am all about the photos and all about using them in my posts.
Many times in a restaurant setting, it is just too dark to get the crisp, clean photo that you want.  I was reading that there is a way when using your iPhone to increase your exposure when taking the photo, thus making things a bit brighter in a dark environment.  This link will help you with this process
How to lighten or darken your exposure on your iPhone.  Tap the photo screen, and a yellow square will pop up.  Hold it down until you see AE/AF Lock at the top of your screen.  Then you can put your finger on the tiny sun beside the square and slide it up and down to get the exposure you want.

 A Quick Thought on Restaurant Etiquette
*Don't use a flash
*Don't disrupt your neighbors, who may just want a peaceful night out.

Let's practice using lighter and darker exposure on my iPhone.  I am going to put some chicken salad I happen to have on a bed of lettuce.  I will be taking this photo in my dining room that has little to no natural light; let's see if it makes a difference.

So I gave it a try.  My dining room has zero natural light, but my lights are pretty bright.  I really don't think I need this exposure option in this setting, but I am going to try for fun.
Photo #1 is taken without a flash or exposure adjustment.
It is a pretty good shot that I would probably edit to the desired effect.
Photo #2 is using increased exposure with my iPhone. 
I think it is a bit too exposed.
Photo #3 is underexposing my shot using the exposure option on my iPhone.
Yep, it is too dark.
What I have learned is that I do have exposure options on my iPhone.  I am excited to try the exposure option in a dark restaurant and see how I can compensate for the lack of light in a restaurant setting.  Stay tuned for a restaurant review post that will contain photos using this option.

Just a few photo ideas,
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Weekend Reading Links and Video Links- How Much Should You Tip Your Food Delivery Person?