Monthly Motivation….Layers…Tasting The Good and the Bad...

I can't believe it is February already.  As we begin the month, let's look at Monthly Motivation.  This one has to do with tasting the layers of our lives. 


I have been reading a unique book, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, by Aimee Bender. The premise of the book was fascinating. The main character in this book has a gift. Her gift is the ability to taste feelings and emotions in the food that someone prepares for her. She can taste joy, betrayal, fear, loneliness, and all the feelings and truths hidden in the food's layers. This ability is how she gets to know who you are.

That got me thinking, "what would my daughters and friends know about me if I were to have them over for a homemade meal and they had this same gift?". What would they taste in the layers?

I know they would experience some unpleasant layers that make up my life. Layers brought on by my being discarded by my husband. They would taste the emotional pain of abandonment. They would know the hurt and sadness brought on by a family divided and the physical discomfort of anxiety. If this were all they could taste, it would not be an enjoyable meal. But that is not all they would experience.
I know they would come away inspired by the beauty surrounding them, even in pain, as I do.


























I know that they could feel the strong faith that I have in God. The knowledge that he walks beside me/them and holds our hand.
They would taste the joy I feel when I am with my friends. They would know I love fun, adventures, laughter, and hugs. They would realize how much I love to sing and take photos. How I do my best to give all my worries and concerns to God, and how I strive to find beauty and hope even in life's challenges. They would taste my strong faith in God and how much I love them. They would taste joy:-)

"For I am the LORD your God, who takes hold of your right hand, 
who says to you, 'Don't be afraid. I'll help you."
Isaiah 41:13

I hope when the food you prepare is tasted, even in your life challenges, that aside from the pain in your life, the person enjoying your meal will taste other things. I hope they taste joy, faith, happiness, peace, determination, commitment, love, and contentment.

God Bless You on Your Journey

Kathiey:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic