Places-Hiking the Peninsula Trail at Harris Lake Park in New Hill NC

I saw that one of my MeetUp Groups was going on a hike at Harris-Lake Park. I had never been to this park, and I jumped at the chance to join them on the adventure.
Quote from AllTrails
"Harris Lake Peninsula Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New Hill, North Carolina that features a lake and is good for all skill levels."

I heard this trail was anywhere between 4.2-5 miles. I am not sure about the distance we traveled, but it was a good workout. 

 "Harris Lake is a reservoir in New Hill, North Carolina. The lake covers 4,100 acres in southwestern Wake County and southeastern Chatham County. It is the source and outlet of cooling water for the Shearon Harris nuclear power plant. The lake is adjacent but not connected to B. Everett Jordan Lake."
Wikipedia





Vew of the cooling tower of Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant.

 What a great group of folks!
Another fun day on the trail.
Happy Travels and Adventures Everyone!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic