Monday Morning Motivation...Walk by the Spirit...


This week I listened to a sermon by Curtis Andrusko who was speaking at The Summit Church.  It was about the Fruit of the Spirit.  This is how I interpreted his message...
I guess there is a way to define us and our walk with or without Christ.  We can be directed by our faith or by our "fleshly" desires.  I have many desires.  I want to travel, I want to enjoy my family, I want to live a safe and secure life.  I want to be happy. Nothing wrong with that.  What Curtis was talking about was..






I am sure all of us have gone the path of at least some of these things.  Thank God that we can find our way back through God's Grace.  I can safely say I can't remember my last orgy...never happened. :-) Most of the things on the list don't apply to me.  But, I do get angry, mostly at the one who broke vows to me and to God and divided our family.  It is now part of a very painful legacy we leave our children and grandchildren.  This is a huge struggle for me.  I have to pray about it on a daily basis and give it to God.  I don't want that anger to direct my life.  It is all part of a very long healing process.
 If we are walking with God, still imperfect but trying, the fruit of the spirit should be evident...
There is no way we can do this on our own no matter how hard we try.  We can't do it, but with God's help, we can.
"You can't do it but He can"
Curtis Andrusko

"If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit"
Galatians 5:25
I have faith that God can take us at our worst and make our lives a testimony for Him.  I pray that the Holy Spirit leads my life and redirects me when I need to take a different path.  I give it all to you God.
Happy Monday Everyone!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic