Tuesday Travels - Rock of Ages Winery in Hurdle Mills NC/Sept 2017

Did you know that September is North Carolina Wine Month?  That's all the motivation I needed to take a drive to a winery I had heard about but never visited.  I set off for a little over an hour drive to Hurdle Mills NC to visit Rock of Ages Winery  
On my route, I saw beautiful old barns, rolling hills, and farmland.  I drove through one of my favorite towns Hillsborough NC.  There were a few slow-moving vehicles on the journey.  Instead of trying to pass them I took the time to relax and enjoy the sights of smells of the countryside.
Before I knew it, I had arrived.  There it was the Rock of Ages Winery.  What a lovely building.

There is nothing more inviting than a beautiful door.
The building itself is beautiful. The stone and wood create a welcoming setting.
 I met the owners, Kevin, and Kim Moore.  They took the time to meet and greet everyone.   They know their wine and seem to enjoy sharing that knowledge.  Kevin has a degree from Surry Community College in Enology and Viticulture.   Rock of Ages Winery opened 2005 with Kevin as the winemaker.  Check out the story behind the winery at the about page on their website.


First stop was the tasting room.  I did not expect such a large selection of wines.  They had something for everyone.  The tasing options were sweet wines, dry white or dry red wines.  I was in the mood for the dry white.
There were five folks at this tasting.  Everyone had a desire for something different, so all of the wine offerings were lined up on the bar.  What an alluring site:-)

Meeting new friends at the wine tasting...(On the left is Kim, one of the owners)
Before my drive home I decided to take a few outdoor photos...

Yes, I did make a purchase.  For myself, I bought the Chardonnay for Steph the Cabernet Sauvignon and for Erica the Traminette which tasted just like grapefruit.
The creative labels are designed by a local artist, Phil Holeman.  

If you get a chance to visit Rock of Ages Winery I suggest you do so.  In my opinion the wine was delicious and the the owners made you feel warmly welcomed.

Happy Travels and Wine Tastings
Kathieyv:-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic