Tuesday Travels-My Trip to Bryson City NC "Carolina Bound Adventures" Hiking to the Waterfalls

I had been thinking about taking a short time to the mountains.  One day I was at home and I thought to myself it is time to stop thinking about it and just do it.  The plan was to spend 3 days in Bryson City NC.  My dilemma was that I love to explore but do I really trust myself alone on unknown mountain trails?  The answer to that is a definite no.  I was fortunate that I decided to go to Bryson City because in Bryson City they have a Concierge/Guide service that caters to those of us that don't feel comfortable doing the exploring on our own.  Carolina Bound Adventures

Here is a quote from their website
With our expertise and familiarity in the area, we will help you create an unforgettable family vacation experience. Carolina Bound Adventures provides a number of different adventure packages, ranging from day-long to week-long adventures. We'll use our area expertise to guide your way by making reservations for you or even offering fully guided Adventures.

They have so many adventures to choose from.  I decided to take the 1/2 day waterfall hike.
Below were my trusty guides, KK and Mark.  
Very nice and informative guides, I felt at home with them right away.

The trails were wide open and clear.  
You do have an uphill climb so it is a great workout.




We saw some beautiful butterflies and dragonflies.
I did wear bug spray for possible mosquitoes and ticks but I did not notice any.  


 The water was beautiful.  I wanted so badly to just jump in.  
Next time I go up I want to go tubing or rafting. 


The couple with us were on a double adventure.
A half-day of hiking and then after that fly fishing.




I am about 4.5 hours from Bryson City.  If I lived closer I would try to take all of their tours.
Here is a link to their tour menu.."Start Your Adventure Now"
Here are a few of the ones I would choose...
Sunset Hike
Wine Tour (they offer brewery tours also)
Kayak Tour of Fontana Lake
White Water Rafting-Guided Tour
Zip Lining
Horseback Riding
Jeep Tour
....and the list goes on and on.
They offer some lodging options as well.

I loved my day hiking with Mark and KK.  I would have never ventured out on my own so I am glad I found this wonderful service.  If you are in or near Bryson City I suggest you check them out.
Here is a short clip of a waterfall.  What a wonderful soothing sound.


Happy Travels and Adventures!
KathieyV

Comments

  1. If you decide to go back we have a 2 br 2 bath cabin just a few minutes from the entrance to Deep Creek. We're also big dog friendly. http://deepcreekhideaway.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic