Morning Motivation, "God's Anchor Holds Me" Hebrews 6:19a



 “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, 
Jesus, has entered on our behalf.”
Hebrews 6:19-20

From my readings, I have found that the anchor is a symbol of hope for people of faith. The anchor is a symbol of stability and strength.

The purpose of an anchor is to keep a boat from drifting too far from its purpose.  For the boat, the goal would be to stay in a specific place.  For people of faith, the anchor keeps us from drifting from our faith, even during the worst storms that this life can hold.

God is our anchor, our only constant in this journey called life.  God, our anchor, helps us not to be blown away by the wind and the waves created by circumstances that we can't control.

"People are looking for stability in a shaky world. They want something they can get hold of that's firm and sure and an anchor in the midst of all of this instability in which they're living." 
Gordon B. Hinckley

For me, my faith in God has been my strength in everything.  When I did not want to go on because the pain was too great, His anchor held me.  When I have questions and doubts and want to turn away, my faith, His anchor, holds me.
Thank you, God, for this anchor of faith, hope, and love. 
His anchor holds you too.  Just hold on.
God Bless
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic