Morning Motivation "Cast Your Net on the Other Side" John 21:4-6



John 21:4-6
Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize it was Jesus.
He called out to them, "Friends, haven't you any fish?"
"No", they answered.
He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.  When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish. 

Have you ever worked to the point of exhaustion thinking you were doing all that you could do? Assuming that your efforts would produce the result you envisioned in your mind?  I have.  Have you ever done this for years without the desired effects and you keep forcing yourself to keep going?  I have.  As I read this scripture, I felt I could relate to the disciples.  I am sure they strained under the weight of the net and the roughness of the sea, they kept trying thinking they were doing all they could possibly do.  I have been there too.  

In the case of disciples, Jesus saw their attempts and knew there was a better way for them to reach their goal. All they had to do was hear his voice and follow his direction.  When they did, Jesus produced a miracle.  I know He can provide a miracle in our lives too.
Dear God,
I need a miracle in my life.  Maybe I am not listening to your voice-please help me to hear.  Maybe I don't see the plan you have for my life-please give me clarity.  Maybe I am afraid-please provide me with courage and strength to follow your path.  Make your way known to me, God.
I love you!
Kathiey
(To my blog friends- I believe God can create miracles in our lives regardless of our situation if we listen and obey.  Let's pray together for purpose and leading:-)

Comments

  1. I loved this, came across it on Pinterest when I was researching on John 21:6 and what meaning it holds for me. It was wonderful to read and the prayer at the bottom is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic