Places and Events-Oakwood Tea and Garden Tour

I saw on one of my Meetup groups that they were going to a tea and garden tour in Raleigh NC as I was beginning to sign up for the tour I soon realized that it was sold out.  Oh well, I thought, maybe next year.  About a week before the event I was notified by the group that there was a ticket available so I jumped at the chance to attend. Below is a quote from their website.

Experience A Traditional Victorian Tea
And
 Guided Tour Of Historic Oakwood Gardens

The tea was held at the Tucker House in Raleigh's Historic Oakwood Neighborhood.
Notice all the ladies with hats on the porch.
All I own are baseball hats, if I go again I may invest in a southern style ladies hat.
The house was built in 1914.

Time for tea...
I am not a big tea drinker but this tea was wonderful.  It was a mellow flavor and I did not even add cream and sugar.  The tea was provided by Tin Roof Teas and my favorite was the Blueberry Maple Black Tea.
Everything was delicious!

This was my place setting.  Lovely!
After the tea we set off with a tour guide to view four gardens in the area.
Below is an overview of what we saw.

I photo shopped this photo.
I think I will get it framed.
My granddaughter Maggie loved it because it is pink:-)












It was a perfect day for a garden tour.  
This is an annual spring event.
If you like gardens and tea I suggest you go next year.
Tickets do sell out quickly so get your ticket early.
Check out their website,
Thanks for stopping by!
KathieyV



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic