Morning Motivation Inspired by Matthew West "Mended"











I love love love this song by Matthew West.  I can listen to it over and over and feel like God is speaking to me.  Matthew is telling us that even when we see ourselves as damaged and we see no possibility of repair that God sees us differently.  God knows that if we hold onto Him and to our faith, we can be "mended" even though we may feel irrevocably broken.


"You see the scars from where you fell. I see the stories they will tell" 
Matthew West

We all have scars.  It could be due to death, illness, divorce, and the list goes on and is so individual.  I have been in total despair. When my husband left me, with no warning, it changed my way of thinking.  Where I was hopeful and optimistic, I became hopeless.  
Where I was brave, I became engulfed in fear and uncertainty.

I did hold onto God, although it was a struggle, and I came close to giving up.  God was faithful and kept me going.  I am happy now.  My hope is centered on God and not dependent on people.  This, I believe, is where the "stories they will tell" comes in.  While in the throes of a crisis and making it out safely on the other side this is when we can tell our story.  This is where God can use our pain and produce a purpose.  We now have our ministry,  to help others on the same path.

I remember a song that contained the phrase "bring it on" meaning "bring on" any adversity I can take it.  You won't see me asking for hardships of any kind. I like peace and calm, and security and air conditioning.  No, I won't ask for difficulty but if and most certainly when it does come, I am thankful that our pain and subsequent spiritual healing can be used to help others.  
And for that opportunity, I say "thank you, God."

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  
Therefore we will not fear when the earth gives way.." 
Psalm 46:1-2a

Hold on to your faith and remember God's Promise.
"I will never leave you or forsake you."
Thank You, God!
Kathiey V


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic