Morning Motivation Devotional, God's Promise "I Will Never Leave You or Forsake You"

Corrie Ten Boom was an amazing woman. She and her family helped many Jews escape the Nazi 
Holocaust by hiding them in their home. Sadly she and her family were discovered and imprisoned in a concentration camp. Even in the midst of the trauma of the prison camp Corrie held onto her faith and was a shining light to others in prison sharing the encouragement and hope of God's love and His promises.  In her books, she tells the stories of her and her families experience.  During this time she held steadfast to her faith to get through this incredible injustice.  What an inspiration.
"There is no pit so deep that He (God) is not deeper still"
Corrie Ten Boom

Fortunately, most of us have not spent time in a concentration camp.  Even so, we still have our own "deep pits" that we need to endure.  For me, it was being betrayed by my husband of 37 years which in turn brought on emotions and physical symptoms that I did not know how to deal with, and I could barely cope.  I hit rock bottom, and if I had an off switch, I would have pushed it.  During this devastating time, I did hold tightly got God's Promises.  The one that got me through each day was his promise that he would never leave me or forsake me.  I knew he walked beside me and because of this, I was able to keep going.

I don't know what your challenge or "pit" is,  it could be anything.  It could be illness or the death of a loved one.  I met a lady this week that lost her grandson.  My heart ached for her as she told me her story.  Devastating, but through it all God was beside her and her family as they endured this horrific life event.  He promised he would be and I am holding him to his promise. 
Whatever the pain or "pit" in your life is, it could be anything, give it to God.  
He walks beside you in all things.

I encourage you to memorize this verse as a reminder that God is always with you.

"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, 
for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6


I am extremely thankful for God's promises.  My favorite is
 "I will never leave you or forsake you."
Thank you God!
God Bless You and have a Wonderful Week!
KathieyV

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic