Morning Motivation:A Memory from 2013- The Day I was Baptized Again- Psalm 31:14

**This is a memory of the day I was baptized at CrossPoint Church. 2013**

I remember distinctly the day I was baptized.   I was 18 years old.  A large group of us in a country field stood in front of a large pond.  We all lined up and then took turns being baptized through immersion into the cold pond water.  I remember it being a fantastic experience.  I was giving myself over to God.

Here we are many years later.  Over those years, there has been great joy, lots of mistakes, and hopefully learning from each of them, the pain of illness and death, the birth of two beautiful girls, and the gift of Caleb, my grandbaby. Today I struggle with the pain of an unwanted separation and pending divorce, which to me, is like a death but with intent.  Through this trauma, I  have a greater appreciation of the gift of friends and the increasing knowledge of God's love for all of us.

Yesterday I went to Cross Pointe Church.  I went by myself, and I was greeted by many folks around me that were very friendly and welcoming.  I enjoyed the music and the sermon.  I had noticed a large, what I would call, water trough on stage.  I assumed it was a sermon prop.  As I listened to Steve preach, I forgot about the trough.
The service seemed to be coming to an end.  Little did I know it was not the end; it was kind of like the beginning.  We were invited to come up for baptism. I wanted to go, but all these excuses came to my mind.....
Your mascara will run.
You don't need to do this; you have already been baptized.
You are not doing this for the right theological reasons.
You will ruin your clothes.
Do you really want to go up in front of all these people?  
This is totally outside of your comfort zone; you can always do it later if you must.

As this was running through my head, I slipped off my shoes and joined the line of folks going on stage to be baptized.

Yes, my mascara did run, but that really didn't matter.
Yes, I had already been baptized, but that really didn't matter.
No, I did not know if I was theologically correct, but that really didn't matter.
Probably did ruin my sweater, but that really didn't matter.
I did have to go in front of hundreds of people, but that really didn't matter.
I did step out of my comfort zone, but that really didn't matter.

Here is what mattered. That this was my way of thanking God for being with me and sustaining me in this challenging time in which I find myself. It was my recommitment to God.  It was giving him my situation, it was giving him thanks, it was giving him my trust and confidence, and it was giving him "me."
God Bless You!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic