Morning Motivation, The Fear of Florence Psalm 34:4

The post below was written back in 2018 while Hurricane Florence was making landfall off the coast of NC.  Much has happened in the world since that time.  Much of life has been very good, but there are things that are the opposite happening every day.  There is crime, illness, the Covid pandemic, and now a war in Ukraine.  I think the below post has relevance in all situations in our lives, and I felt like sharing it again.
The Fear of Florence 2018
When you think about it, life can be scary.  Hurricane Florence visited North Carolina this week.  On the coast, there was and still is massive flooding.   Countless homes have been destroyed by falling trees and floodwaters.  Looters have hit the streets in many cities devastated by the storm.  Many have died.
As I sit here typing, we are still getting storm bands caused by Florence.  We are under a flash flood warning in our county.  It is loudly thundering and pouring rain outside, and I have two dogs at my feet that are afraid of the chaos going on outside my door.
Yes, life can be scary and filled with uncertainty.  Life can also and is also a wonderful gift filled with joy and beauty.  But in times of fear and confusion, God promises to be with us, comfort us, and even take away our fears.
It is thundering so hard now that the house is literally shaking.  I can do nothing about that, so I will put it in God's hands.


I believe God walks beside us in all things.  
The good, the bad, and the scary.  
Thank you, God!
KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic