Travel North Carolina-My Visit to Tryon Palace in New Bern NC

Things to see and do in New Bern NC
Travel with me to Tryon Palace in New Bern NC.

I was so excited to be in New Bern, NC.  First on my list of places to see, Tryon Palace.  


Here is a quote from their website...Royal Governor William Tryon and his family brought architect John Hawks from London to design and build the Georgian-style structure.  Completed in 1770, Tryon Palace served as the first permanent capitol of North Carolina and home to the Tryon family.  In 1798, fire destroyed the original Palace building.  An extensive 30-year campaign to rebuild the Palace and restore the grounds was launched by the people of New Bern, state leaders, world craftsmen, and generous, dedicated citizens such as Mrs. James Edwin Latham.  Their efforts led to the triumphal reopening of the Palace in 1959. 
The palace architectural style was described to me as Georgian.  
I was told the interior decor was the same.


I asked what the filler was for the mattresses.  The answer was feathers.  When the weather was hot, and the feathers became too warm, they could be replaced with straw for a cooler night's sleep.  
There are 16 acres of gardens and green space.
I had a lovely visit.
If you find yourself in New Bern, NC, I suggest checking out Tryon Palace.
Happy Travels and Adventures!
KathieyV



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic