Restaurant Review; Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant New Bern NC

On this particular day, I have walked up and down the lovely streets of historic New Bern.  I have photographed churches, Victorian-style homes, and the occasional New Bern Bear.  After all that walking in the hot sun the big question is where I should go to enjoy a nice lunch and cold glass of wine?  I wanted to be on the water, and I had heard the food was good at Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant, so I decided to give it a try.
Here is a quote from their website,
"Opened in August of 2010, Persimmons is a locally-owned waterfront restaurant located on the shores of the Neuse River in New Bern, NC. We feature an elegant yet casual atmosphere and three distinct dining venues: our downstairs great room, our private upstairs dining room, and our picturesque outdoor waterfront dining area. Persimmons focuses on modern cuisine made from locally-sourced ingredients by our award-winning chef and hosting a variety of special events with waterfront dining, fresh food, and the friendliest service around".
Let's go in....
Persimmons offer both indoor and outdoor seating to their guests.  I wanted to sit outside, but it was much too windy for them to put out the umbrellas that they usually provid and I did not want to sit directly in the sun.  I was given a lovely seat indoors where I had a view of the water.

Now to look over the menu.  Someone at the B&B where I stayed told me the Brussel sprouts were delicious.  I am not usually a fan of Brussel sprouts, but I was curious.  I told my waitress that I was not crazy about them and she said that these were different from the standard sprouts.  She told me the chef prepares them with pork belly, goat cheese, bourbon honey, and smoked sea salt.  She had me at bourbon honey.  I decided to give them a try.  They were absolutely delicious.  I also ordered the Carolina Crab Cakes from the small plates portion of the menu.  The crab cakes come with a lovely salad.  All in all, I would have to give my meal a very high score the entire meal was exquisite.




I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant.  I look forward to going again sometime.  If you find yourself in New Bern and you want a unique and delicious meal, I suggest you check them out.  I recommend you get reservations.
Happy Travels and Eating Adventures!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really enjoyed this restaurant and I loved the location.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic