Morning Motivation...How do We React When God has the Nerve to say No?

Does God answer all of our prayers?  I think he does, but we may not always get the answer we want.  I believe sometimes He says "yes" to our request, sometimes "no," and at other times the answer may be "not today."
I like this quote by CS Lewis..
"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; 
we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be."

The list of entirely reasonable requests sent up to God has no limit.  We may be asking for a soulmate; we may be praying for a positive outcome for our friends and family,  we may be looking for the perfect job, for financial security.  Why wouldn't God say yes to all of these requests?  After all, we have given our lives to Him, we have put our trust in His love for us.  Why would He say no to something that would make everyone's life easier, better?


The Silent Treatment
There are many ways to react when God, our father says "no."  I will use Maggie as an example. One way that Maggie reacts to authority when she is told "no" is to fall to the floor in frozen silence.  I have said "no" to her to protect her, and in a split second, she is face down on the floor not making a sound.   
There are times that I have acted this way toward God.  I have been silent and backed away from Him forgetting that no matter the answer to my prayer He has my best interest at heart. 

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
(Maggie is usually up and about smiling and laughing less then a minute after falling to the floor.:-)
 Yelling at God
Maggie is very independent, and I think this will serve her well in the future.  She will have to learn the best way to channel this independence, but I am happy that she is no pushover.  So what does Maggie do when a classmate does not act in a way that she expects?  She stands in one spot and screams this extremely high pitched scream.  She does not use this technique on her parents or her Nana (me:-)  but I have witnessed it used on her brother and her peers.
Do we yell at God when He does not act in a way that we feel He should?  Most of us probably have in some way or another. I have not audibly screamed at God; I do believe I have silently yelled at God and that would be the same thing.  Sometimes I forget that He knows best and I question.

"And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
(Maggie does not look happy:-(

Accepting God's Answer
There is peace to be found in acceptance.  Acceptance that I cannot always control the outcome, and the recognition that God is in control and I am not.  I remember when my parents died and when my husband left me I had to place everything in God's hands.  I came to realize I could not control what was happening and it was not my job to do so.  It was in my best interest to "be still" and put my trust in God, and in this faith, I would find moments of peace even in the most difficult of times.
  
Knowing there is peace in acceptance does this mean I will never disagree with God's answers to my prayers?  Probably not because I am human, but I pray I will get through those moments quickly and come back to acceptance because acceptance is a product of faith and that, I believe, is where peace is found.

(Maggie at peace knowing she is loved:-)

"Be still and know that I am God"
Psalm 46:10
Have a great week everyone!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic