Sylvan Heights Bird Park in Scotland Neck North Carolina

This post is an old post from 2013 on Sylvan Heights Bird Park.  I am sure a lot has changed since then and I would love to return for a visit...
I had the chance to go on an adventure with a local meetup group on Saturday. The Lady Trailblazers were headed to Sylvan Heights Bird Park in Scotland Neck NC, so I jumped at the chance to join them. It was a two-hour drive, and I decided to be one of many drivers taking a carload of people on this journey. I was happy to have Beth and VJ as my travel buddies; they were great navigators too:-)
From Sylvan Heights website....
"Sylvan Heights Bird Park is designed to give visitors an unforgettable up-close experience with over 2,000 ducks, geese, swans, and other exotic birds from all around the world.
Open to the public since Oct 2006, the 18 acre facility features large, walk through aviaries displaying birds from South America, North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Tranquil gardens and lush natural areas enhance the beauty of the birds on exhibit."

Here are some of the photos I took of our adventure....




If you visit Sylvan Heights Bird Park be sure and explore the Landing Zone.  Below is a quote from their website....

"Don't miss the Landing Zone during your Sylvan Heights field trip!  Visitors enter into a large, free-flight aviary with hundreds of colorful parakeets, flamingos, and other exotic birds.  Entrance to the Landing Zone is free, but for the best experience, purchase a seed stick or bag of flamingo food for $1 each and give your students an unforgettable up-close encounter!"

It was fun to feed and hold the birds..








Below is a Park Map from their website...


I had a great time at the bird park.  Enjoyed the day with some really nice people all the while seeing hundreds of beautiful birds.  If you get a chance, I suggest you visit.  It is worth the trip.
Get out and Explore
KathieyV:-)

Comments

  1. This looks like so much fun! I cannot believe I never knew about this place and definitely want to check it out. I love wildlife and this looks like such a cool place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic