Morning Motivation Through the Music. Chris Tomlin - Lord I Need You


If there is one stairway to heaven for me, it is music.  The Christian songs that I listen to inspire me and soothe my soul.  In them and their message, I find hope and direction.
This song is a blast from my past.  We used to sing it in church, yes the church in which my ex-was the pastor.  
I find its words to be real in my life...I will share a few of the lyrics that speak to me, and I hope to you. 



"Without You I fall apart
You're the one that guides my heart"
Chris Tomlin

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:5

There are two times in my life so far that I feel I fell apart.  Times I felt in which I was bewildered and thought I could not continue.  The first time was when I was caring for my father while he was dying of pancreatic cancer.  I felt helpless and afraid, and I called out to God for help and guidance.  As I look back at that time, I realize that even though it was excruciating it was a blessing in that I was able to keep my dad pain free in his final days and that I was able to hold his hand as he passed from this world to the next. 
The second time was when my husband of 37 years decided to leave me.  This time was far more painful than my first example because it was an intentional act. Because it was intentional, the road to recovery is much more difficult.  I know that God is working to heal me and I am excited to move on with my life with God as my guide. I am a work in progress.

"Lord, I need You, oh I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You"
Chris Tomlin


"And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus You're my hope and stay"
Chris Tomlin


Thank you, Lord, that even in the times we feel we cannot stand that we can "fall on you" and depend on you to be our hope and our stay.  I am also thankful for your promise that you will never leave us or forsake us. Amen.

I don't know your situation in life, but I do want you to know that God is here for you.  Reach out to Him for guidance in all seasons of your life, and He will direct your path.
God bless!

KathieyV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic