Travel and Food at Childress Vineyards in Lexington NC

Travel Blast From the Past

I just checked out their website to see if they were open during Covid and found that "Yes", they are!  They are still serving meals in their restaurant, and they continue to have wine tastings.  I would go on the site to check out the restrictions and make a reservation if required for the tastings and restaurant.  Here is the link to Childress Vineyards.

My Visit to Childress Vineyards Taken Before Covid



There are a ton of wineries in NC.  

Childress is one I had the opportunity to visit and it is beautiful. 

I signed up for the winery tour.  One of the first things they asked was 
"Is there anyone here who has not heard the Childress name?" 
I was the only one to raise a reluctant hand.  The inaudible gasps were deafening.  
I soon learned he is a NASCAR guy, and NASCAR is huge in NC.  Here is a quote from their site...

"By opening the doors to Childress Vineyards in 2004, NASCAR team owner Richard Childress
 fulfilled a longtime dream that grew from the days when he first began racing in 
California and visited wineries with friends. What began as camaraderie and good times 
soon became an engaging passion for world-class wines and then the vision to build a world-class winery."

I visited right before Christmas.  I loved the entry door.

Let the tour begin...

Now for the outdoor tour...
Great place for a wedding.





They have a Bistro on-site.
It is a lovely place to sip a glass of wine while enjoying a wonderful meal.

I had the delicious chicken salad.  I would order it again. Yummy!
The gift shop was decorated for the holidays.












My favorite scripture.....;-)


















Get out and explore.  I suggest you visit Childress Vineyards.  
You won't be disappointed.  
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic