Travel Tuesday-Winkler Bakery in Old Salem NC

This is a Travel Tuesday Blast From the Past.  Several years ago and friend of mine and I spent a couple of days in Old Salem, and we had a wonderful time.  I checked to make sure they were still open because so much has closed due to Covid, and they are open. Happy day!  They have limited hours, so check their website if you decide to go.

WINKLER BAKERY

521 SOUTH MAIN STREET

Constructed 1800, restored 1968

One place Gale and I knew we had to visit was the bakery in Old Salem.  I have enjoyed the Moravian cookies over the years, but everyone has told me I had to try the sugar cake.
Look at all the temptations...Yummy:-)


A bit of history...






The sugar cake was terrific.  We took it back to our room and enjoyed the yummy sweetness in front of the beautiful fireplace in our room.  We also shared a bottle of local wine.  What a lovely day:-)
Happy Travels, Everyone!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic