Recipe Review…."Pick a Picnic" from Taste of Home Magazine

Here is an easy picnic-style meal that I really enjoyed.  It is quick and easy, and delicious.
Rather than cooking one evening, visit your local grocery store and put together this delicious 
Picnic Style Meal-Pick a Picnic
I love Taste of Home Magazine; it contains many recipes and ideas. 
 I remember looking through the June/July issue and seeing a lovely picnic spread.  


It had been a hectic day, and I had no time to cook, so I put together an indoor picnic tray.  I went to Harris Teeter to mimic the Taste of Home version of the picnic goodies.  Here is what I came up with…
Fruited Chicken Salad…Yum
Cherry Tomatoes
Pita Bread and Hummus
Cucumbers
Peaches
Poppy Seed Dressing….Next time I would go with Ranch Dressing or
Lite Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing by Paul Newman-So good!



It This little picnic was delicious and, to make it even better, it was extremely easy.  I made myself a plate, grabbed a glass of wine, and settled in to watch a show my daughter Erica has me hooked on…"House of Cards" on Netflicks.   Warning about House of Cards…. R-rated.  The political leaders on this show are downright evil.
So if you don't have the time to cook, assemble a picnic tray.  I nibbled on my for 3 days.
Try a new recipe!
Happy Eating
Kathiey:-)

Comments

  1. You certainly make a pretty picnic. "Picnic" that's one of my favorite words, it conjures up so many memories from being a little girl with my mom and dad, to romantic picnics with my husband and oh so many in between. It's so much fun to pack up some good food and hop in the car and go on a little day trip adventure. It's one of my favorite things about summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie, I love picnics too. I remember many as a child as well as the backyard hotdog roasts. My dad would grab a small stick and wittle it down to a point and we would roast hot dogs and enjoy them with iced tea, watermelon followed by homemade ice cream. Thanks so much for your comment:-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic