Faith,"When God Ran" The Prodigal Son

I love the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32. Why? Because it is an example of God's abundant Grace on which I lean so heavily. It is a picture of God's love for us, for me. In church yesterday, the Pastor spoke of how the son in this parable had turned his back on his father. How he squandered all he had given him, and how he became desperate without his father in his life. How he then returned to his father and was lovingly accepted back into his father's house because he was so loved. And even though the son did not deserve it, his father forgave all his foolishness, and the slate was wiped clean.



Years ago, there was a song that I would listen to that would bring tears to my eyes each time I heard it. It is a song by Benny Hester called "When God Ran." 

"And the only time, the only time I ever saw Him run Was when He ran to me, Took me in His arms, held my head to His chest And said "My son's come home again."
 Looked in my face, wiped the tears from my eyes With forgiveness in His voice He said 
"Son, do you know I still love you? 
It caught me by surprise when God ran." 



I have turned my back on God in my lifetime. When I say I turned my back, I don't mean I deliberately acted against His will for me; it was more about ignoring Him as though he was not there. Life was busy, and at times, I forgot God was present, so in essence, I forgot about Him. Until I needed Him. I thought I could navigate this world on my own but soon realized that I could not when I was faced with a divorce. I desperately needed God, and guess what? He was there and brought me through the most challenging time in my life. I think you could say, "he ran to me" because he loves me.  

God loves you too. Never forget that. Call on Him, lean on him, and he will "run to you" and never leave or forsake you.

God Bless you on your journey!
KathieyV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic