Blast From the Past-My Visit to McRitchie Winery and Ciderworks in Thurmond NC 2012

This is a blast from the past winery visit.  I visited in 2012, and I checked to make sure they were still open, and they are.  Enjoy my blast from the past...
🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
After eating lunch in Elkin, NC, I headed off to find McRitchie Winery and Ciderworks in Thurmond, NC.  I had tried to find it on my last visit to the mountains but had failed miserably.  This time failure was not an option.  Although I did miss the turn and the giant sign, due to the beauty of the landscape, I turned the car around, and as luck would have it, I finally made it...
Here is how they describe the winery on their website...
"Located on nearly thirty acres in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains — deep in the heart of the Yadkin Valley of North Carolina — lies McRitchie Winery & Ciderworks. 
We are a family-owned and operated winery and vineyard specializing in small lots of award-winning artisan wines and hard ciders. 
Our dedication to sustainable growing and low intervention winemaking has resulted in wines, and hard ciders as expressive and distinct as the land whereupon the fruit grows."



Can't wait for the wine tasting:-)





 Award-winning delicious wine and cider...Yum:-)

 Not sure about the history behind the sculpture, but they are interesting personalities!
I sampled many wines and ciders.  I always lean toward the whites, and they were terrific.  The cider was good as well.  I still have not developed a taste for red wine. I am told it is a process, so I will keep trying.  After sipping a refreshing glass of wine on the patio overlooking a beautiful landscape, I decided to explore the grounds a bit...







After a wonderful visit, I headed to Blowing Rock.....I had to stop and take a picture of the cows up the street.  I don't think the bull liked me very much...


 I bought a bottle of Chardonnay.  I looked forward to a chilled glass sometime soon:-)
Get out and visit a winery.  I suggest McRitchie.
Happy Wine Sipping!
KathieyV
By the way, here are the GPS Coordinates so you won't get lost like I did.
 36ΒΊ 22' 02" N
080ΒΊ 56' 43.68" W


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic