Monthly Motivation...Jesus Prayed for Us, John 17:20

I know God loves us.  I know he cares about us.  But I never realized that Jesus prayed for us.  He did.  He prayed for us in the Garden of Gethsemane.  Here are a couple of versions from John 17:20.


"Neither for these alone do I pray [it is not for their sake only that I make this request], but also for all those who will ever come to believe in (trust in, cling to, rely on Me through their word and teaching."    
AMPC


“I pray not only for these, but also for those who believe in me through their word." 
CSB


"I am not praying for these alone but also for the future believers 
who will come to me because of the testimony of these." 
TLB

He prayed not only for his followers at this time but also for us that would follow, future believers.  Not only did he think about and pray for us but he did so as he was coming up on the most challenging time in his human existence.

Thank you, Jesus, for your love for us, even in the dark times.  Help me see past my difficulties to care for those around me.  Amen.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic