Stress Relief. Are You Stressed? Eat an Avocado!

Stress Relief. Are you Stressed? Eat an Avocado!



I am going back over all my stress relief posts.  I am updating all of them as if I am starting again, and I am.  I am starting a new YouTube Channel, which has not gone live yet.  It will be called My Story My Divorce God's Promise.  I will be producing videos on stress relief and other issues using my blog posts.  I will also post the video on the blog post as I get them done.  So let's start over, and I will begin with avocados.

Let's talk about stress relief.   Stress may be caused by many factors in life.  Separation and divorce are significant contributors of stress for many people.
As you know, I am slowly trying all the suggested methods I can find to alleviate stress.  Today I would like to share my latest strategy to decrease stress in my life, as seen in Karen Carnabucci's GPS Guide on Relieving Stress.   She gives 100 suggestions for stress relief.  Today I will focus on #5, "Eat an Avocado."

Karen tells us that  "The monounsaturated fats and potassium in the superfood can lower blood pressure."  Lowering blood pressure sounds good. Let's do a Google search and find out other benefits of the avocado.  Here are some things I learned. 

*I found that you can buy Avocado Stress Relief Body Massage Oil.  
*Avocados are high in potassium which, according to Health Ambition helps prevent hypertension.
Here is a quote from their site... 
"avocados are one of the best foods for relieving stress and anxiety."

*Here is what Dr. Mercola says about avocados... 
"The study also found that avocados appear helpful for regulating blood sugar levels. 
This combination of satiety and blood-sugar regulation can help 
keep your mood steady, even in times of stress."

I have not eaten that many avocados in my life. I love guacamole and enjoy sandwiches that include avocados. Having little experience with avocados, I looked up how to choose the best one possible.  I thought I followed all the instructions, and the one I selected looked beautiful on the outside, but the inside was another story.  It was primarily filled with very hard brown spots.  My daughter said it was the worst one she had ever seen.  (Sadly, that added to my stress:-)  I managed to carve out some acceptable pieces from my poorly selected avocado and produced a rather good meal.
Here is a great video I found after I attempted to find the perfect avocado that I wish I had watched earlier.  I hope it helps you pick a good one.

Veggies, shrimp, and avocado are served over rice...Yummy!

So what have I learned?  I have learned that I need to become more proficient in selecting my avocado.  I learned that avocado is a superfood and that it can decrease stress levels.

How will this change my life? I will try to incorporate more of this fruit, and yes, it is a fruit, into my diet, and I am going out for guacamole the next chance I get.

Are you stressed?  Try eating an avocado.
KathieyV


Comments

  1. I never tried Avocado for stress relief. I always take herbal supplements for stress but I definitely try your remedy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic