Stress Relief-Travel- Let's Plan a Trip

Marital separation and divorce are ranked just under the death of a child as the most stressful experiences.    With this in mind, I am always looking for ways to decrease stress. 
 Lately, I have been reading about stress relief and travel.


Let's Take a Trip
I am sure that travel can cause its fair share of stress, but from what I am reading, traveling can have the opposite effect.
David K. William's article "Science Proves that Traveling Can Boost Your Health and Overall Well-Being" believes that travel holds many benefits.  In his writing, he says that just planning the trip creates a feeling of happiness.  He also writes that travel can reduce the chance of depression and even your risk of a heart attack.
Many of us going through divorce experience depression.  If travel can help decrease depression, I say sign me up. Many articles site that traveling can make you a healthier person, reduce your stress, and increase your happiness.
I say, let's give travel a try.   I don't think you have to travel far to reap the benefits of an adventure. The duration of the trip would depend on schedules and affordability, which is different for all of us.
If I had a ton of money, I would travel far away once a month.  Well, I don't have a ton of money so here is what I have decided to do.  I am going to take local day trips and then once a season I will go away where I spend the night in a nice hotel or Bed and Breakfast.  It would be nice to fly somewhere, but that is not a necessity.
The stressful part of traveling for me is deciding where to go.  Once my destination is determined, that is when the fun begins.  I find I enjoy researching the area I will be exploring and then loosely planning my itinerary.  What fun!
I challenge you to plan your next trip.  It could be to a local coffee shop, or it could be a trip to Paris, I don't think it matters.  Just getting away for any length of time is a beautiful thing.
Happy travels
Kathiey V.

I would love to know about your travel plans or trips you have taken.  Did you find your travels helped decrease the stress in your life, or did it have the opposite effect?  Let me know in the comment box below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipes with Links for the Week of March 4, 2019

A Recreated Outfit For September 2023-Fall Fashion Look I found on Amazon

Parties-Let's Plan a Party For July 2023-It's a Kids Party-A Teddy Bear Picnic