Wandering Moose Food Truck

(logo from their website)


Fourth of July weekend was upon us.  Stephanie, Maggie and I decided to go check out a local. Fireworks venue.



And Happy Day they had food trucks.  It is always difficult to choose just one truck.  We looked at our options and decided to go with The Wandering Moose.  I love the logo.


"serving slow cooked meats, scratch-made sauces, and fresh sides"
(Above quote and logo from their website)

We looked over the menu.....

We had to try the Smokey Bacon Mac N Cheese.  So good!  Yummy chunks of bacon all in a creamy mac and cheese sauce. Maggie loved it and licked the bowl clean.  I would most definitely order that again!  

"Smokey Bacon Mac N Cheese
Creamy mac n cheese with home-made bacon chunks"
Wandering Moose



Stephanie ordered...
"The Moose Cubano
Slow roasted pork, homemade bacon, melted Swiss/American cheese, Gulden's mustard, and pickles served between pressed Ciabatta bread."
The Wandering Moose

I managed to sneak in a taste when she was not looking...very good...:-)

I ordered the...
The Moose Club
Slow cooked brined chicken, sliced and piled on crisp Romaine lettuce and thick tomato, with melted provolone, our home-made bacon, and herb aioli."
The Wandering Moose

It was a very good sandwich.  Nice size piece of chicken with cheese, bacon and  fresh tomatoes and lettuce. 

Another great food truck experience in NC.  If you have the chance to try a food truck don't hesitate.  It really is a culinary adventure.
Happy Eating and Exploring Everyone!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

  1. I'd love to try that Cubano sandwich! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marissa, It was a really good sandwich. I am finding food trucks to be a lot of fun:-)

      Delete
  2. OMG, sign me up for that Cubano RN! That looks so good. I love food trucks, especially now. The food is just really darn good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, food trucks are so much fun. There are so many to try:-)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow that mac n cheese looks so good! I wish there was a Moose Food truck near me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. I would order it again anytime:-)

      Delete
  4. Now that you mention it, I've never experienced food truck dining. I guess the opportunity hasn't come up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, I just started visiting food trucks. It is a big deal in this area of NC. You can find just about anything, from lobster to ice cream. If you get a chance check one out:-)

      Delete
  5. My husband and I LOOOOOOOOOVE the food truck culture and love trying new ones. This one looks DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was good. My neighborhood has food trucks out every week in the summer. I hope to try a new one each week:-)

      Delete
  6. Food trucks always seem to be hit or miss for me, but this one looks like a win! The mac and cheese in particular looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, This one is a keeper. I would go back for the mac and cheese:-)

      Delete
  7. They've come to my office park a few times and omg their mac 'n' cheese is so good! Yum! I'm glad you got to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Liz I agree, my granddaughter loved the mac n cheese too, as did I:-)

      Delete
  8. That mac and cheese looks so good!! My husband and I should definitely have a food truck date soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should. Let me know the results:-)

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness these all look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like there are so many food trucks in our area. Fun to try each one:-)

      Delete
  10. This looks such a fun time! I love food trucks

    - xo, Azanique | www.lotsofsass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy them too. It is always an adventure:-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York