Peach Day at the State Farmers Market in Raleigh NC

I don't know about you but I love peaches.  I love when they are soft and juicy, so juicy in fact that when you take a bite the juice just runs down your chin.  When we heard that the State Farmers Market in Raleigh was having their Peach Day we knew we had to go.
A few fun facts about peaches...
Peaches originated in Asia.
In 1565 the first peach orchard was established in what is now Florida.
They are a member of the stone fruit family along with cherries, apricots, plums and nectarines.
It is believed by many that peaches can help reduce anxiety.  In Hungary they call peaches the Fruit of Calmness.  All the more reason to go to Peach Day, eat a few peaches and de-stress.

The lines for free peach ice cream were crazy long.  We decided to look around a bit and come back for the free taste.  We are so glad we did, the ice cream was delicious.  It was smooth, sweet, creamy and of course cold, which is a must on a hot day in NC.





Check out the State Farmers Market Facebook Page for photos and upcoming events.
Enjoying samples of ice cream with the family....what fun:-)
The photo below was taken by a photographer at the event.

Other fun finds as we strolled the market..

I do love the State Farmers Market.  The abundant array of veggies, fruits, and plants are impressive.  This week they are having a Watermelon Day.  We should go.
Happy travels and adventures everyone!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

  1. I can't believe the ice cream was free! I would wait in line too! Sounds like a great day with family :)
    x
    Missy
    http://popofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was free and yummy. My granddaughter loved it and so did I:-)

      Delete
  2. I lovr Farmer's Markets! Looks like you had a great time. I have a craving for peaches now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh how fun is this! i def need to do something like that being from the peach state ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg peaches are great! I need to visit my local farmer's market again soon !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this looks like the best time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC