Blue Apron Recipe Review Baked Campanelle Pasta

Happy Day it is here.  My first Blue Apron delivery.  I am so excited.
I received 2 recipes with all the ingredients delivered right to my front door.  If I had any questions about the ingredients or how to handle or prepare them I could go on their site for a quick tutorial.
First up, Baked Campanelle Pasta with Cauliflower and Fontina Cheese...Sounds good.
I studied the recipe and gathered my ingredients...

Preheat the oven to 475°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling on high. Cut out and discard the cauliflower core; cut the head into bite-sized florets. Peel and small dice the onion. Peel and roughly chop the garlic. Small dice the Fontina cheese (discarding any rind). Pick the rosemary leaves off the stems; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves.
Add the pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente (still slightly firm to the bite). Reserving 1½ cups of the pasta cooking water, drain thoroughly and transfer to a large bowl. Wipe out the pot.
While the pasta cooks, in a large, high-sided pan (or pot), heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Add ½ cup of water; cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes, or until the water has cooked off. Turn off the heat; season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to the bowl of cooked pasta.
While the vegetables cook, in the pot used to cook the pasta, heat the butter on medium-high until melted. Add the flour and cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined. Slowly whisk in the milk and reserved pasta cooking water; cook, whisking frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add ¾ of the Fontina cheese and up to half the rosemary; cook, whisking frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened and thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the Mornay sauce to the bowl of cooked pasta and vegetables.Toss to thoroughly coat and season with salt and pepper to taste; transfer to a baking dish. Top with the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese,remaining Fontina cheese and as much of the remaining rosemary as you’d like; season with salt and pepper.
It was fun to use all the new ingredients.  I learned the best way to cut my cauliflower and and to chop my garlic.  I read about Campanelle Pasta and Fontina cheese.  What fun...


So what was the end result?

Yummy creamy goodness with a crunchy top.  It was very good.  I would give it a 9/10 on my cooking scale.  As far as leftovers.  It was a bit dry, but just add a touch of milk and the creamy goodness returns.
I can't wait for my next Blue Apron meal to arrive.
Happy cooking!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York