Recipe Review Greek Pork chops with Squash and Potatoes from Southern Living

Finally in my new home.  With the help of my wonderful daughter and real estate agent, and Cindy my amazing friend I was able to settle into my new home. It was a lot of work but I am so happy to be here and so is Brodie.
My first weekend in my townhouse I wanted to use my new oven.  I decided to try a new recipe.  I choose Greek Pork Chops with Squash and Potatoes from Southern Living Magazine.
I Studied the Recipe...

Ingredients

(1-inch-thick) frenched pork loin chops 
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice 
4 tablespoons olive oil 
garlic cloves, minced 
3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano 
1 teaspoon black pepper 
3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided 
medium yellow squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick 
large zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick 
1/2 pound small red potatoes, quartered 

Preparation

1. Place pork chops in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, and 2 1/2 teaspoons salt; reserve 2 tablespoons marinade. Pour remaining marinade over pork, turning to coat. Chill 1 to 8 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine squash, zucchini, potatoes, and reserved marinade. Spread squash mixture in an even layer on a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined rimmed sheet pan.
3. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat dry with paper towels, and place on top of squash mixture.
4. Bake 25 minutes. Increase temperature to broil, and broil until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°F, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to a serving platter, and cover with foil. Return pan to oven, and broil squash mixture until slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer squash mixture to a serving bowl; toss with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and serve with pork.
I Gathered my Ingredients




It was very good.  I would give it a 9/10 on my cooking score.  Easy too!  
I suggest you give it a try,
Happy Cooking Everyone.
KathieyV:-)

(Found on line)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York