Road Scholar Adventure. Mark Twain

We had a free evening while on my adventure with the Road Scholars in NY.  We could stay at the retreat center or go explore the local area on our own.  As luck would have it there was an unscheduled event that night that was held at Quarry Farm.  An author and his wife were there and they were presenting a skit on Mark Twain.  I couldn't pass this up.  I am so glad I went.  They were amazing! And I bought the book:-)
"Quarry Farm is located in Elmira, New York. In 1869, Jervis Langdon purchased it as a vacation home for his family. When he died the following year, it was inherited by his eldest daughter, Susan Langdon Crane, Mark Twain's sister-in-law.
Twain and his family summered there for over twenty years. The home is not open to the public."
Wikipedia

 Quotes from the book along with my photos of Quarry Farm.
Enjoy:-)


 "When angry, count four; when very angry, swear."

"Humor is mankind's greatest blessing."

 "Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society."

 "You should never do anything wicked and lay it on your brother, 
when it is just as convenient to lay it on some other boy."


"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."

"Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink--under any circumstances."


"Ah, well, I am a great and sublime fool.  But then I am God's fool, and all His work must be contemplated with respect."

The author, Mark Dawidziak, signed my copy of the book.
I like what he wrote,
"Always enjoy the road."
Good advice for all of us
Happy Reading and Travel
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC