Contemporary Glass Galleries at the Corning Museum of Glass with the Road Scholars

The Corning Museum of Glass Contemporary Glass Gallery was fascinating.   I enjoyed the various forms of contemporary art although I did not know what half of it was.  Here are a few photos of my tour through the gallery...Below is a quote from their website....
"The new 26,000-square-foot contemporary gallery building is part of the Contemporary Art + Design Wing, designed by architect Thomas Phifer and Partners. The contemporary galleries in the new wing are the world’s largest space dedicated to the display of contemporary art and design in glass. The gallery features a sophisticated light-filtering system using diffusing roof skylights, providing the majority of the lighting required to view the art. The new contemporary gallery features more than 70 works from the Museum’s permanent collection, including recent acquisitions and large-scale works that have never before been on view."
(I don't remember reading about this one, but I would say "sharks teeth"???)

(I love this one)

(Lovely) 

(When I saw this I immediately thought of Edgar Allen Poe)





Another great day with the Road Scholars.  If you are in the Corning NY area I suggest you visit the Corning Museum of Glass.  Great experience.
Happy Travels!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC