Sunday, November 22, 2015

the 2015 NC State Fair in Raleigh NC. The Cakes....

One of the highlights of the NC state Fair is the cake exhibit.  People come from all over to line up to view the beautifully and creatively decorated cakes. I joined the line and of guests and waited expectantly.
Below are photos of some of the 2015 cake contenders along with quotes and stats found online.
Enjoy!
 “To buy a cake... to howl at the moon... to know true happiness... I am happy.” 
― C. JoyBell C.
Peter Guber
Lisa Loeb

Emeril Lagasse
Jeff Conaway
 “Love is like a good cake; you never know when it's coming, but you'd better eat it when it does!” 
― C. JoyBell C.
 “Out of love I made you a cake. Also out of milk, eggs, flour, sugar, and vanilla.” 
― Jarod Kintz
 “My favourite food is cake.
What kind of cake?
It doesn't matter. All cake.” 
― Jenny Han
 “How I wished all my problems were just a piece of cake. Eat it entirely and then it's all gone.” 
― Joe Mari Fadrigalan
 “The only way cheese is dessert is when it's followed by the word cake.” 
― Michele Gorman

  • The average cost of a wedding cake is $543, according to The Bridal Association of America.
The term "cake" has a long history. 
The word itself is of Viking origin, from the Old Norse word "kaka".
Wikipedia
Another great season of decorated cakes at the NC State Fair.  Such talent.  Wish I had that ability. When I bake a cake I like to make a sheet cake because it is easier to spread the frosting:-)
Get out and explore.  You never know what you may find.
KathieyV:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment