Quotes from "The Boston Girl" A Green Felt Cloche


"The first thing I bought was a green felt cloche.  You know what I'm talking about?  a hat that's shaped like a bell and fits around your face.  In my whole life I never enjoyed buying anything more than that hat.  It wasn't expensive but it was stylish and I felt like a movie star when I wore it.  
I loved that hat."
The Boston Girl.
I understand what she means about wearing something that makes you feel stylish, but I didn't not know what a cloche was so I consulted google...Very pretty!
(Photo found on Google Images)

The cloche hat or simply  is a fitted, bell-shaped hat for women that was invented in 1908 by milliner Caroline Reboux, especially became popular from about 1922 to 1933.  Its name is derived from cloche, the French word for "bell".
Wikipedia

(photo from Google Images

So what if we went on amazon and tried to find the Cloche of today? What would we find?

                                                                 
I can see my Mom wearing one of these hats.  She used to talk about how she loved to dress up when she was a young woman.  I wish I could have seen her in those early days.
I may have to buy one and when I wear it I will think about my mom:-)
Happy reading and shopping everyone:-)
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York