Groupon Adventure, Fair Game Beverage Co.

I have found  social sites such as Groupon and Living Social can be a catalyst for adventure.  My latest Groupon was no exception.  I saw a Groupon distillery tasting for two in the town of Pittsboro NC.  I thought, "Pittsboro is not very far and I have never been to a distillery so why not go?"  I pushed the buy button called Cindy and before we knew it we were on our way to Fair Game Beverage Company.
We took a dark dirt/gravel road that seemed to be leading nowhere, but we kept going.  Before we knew it we came upon an area of warehouse like buildings.  There are several businesses there, but we had our sites on Fair Game.  We entered the small cozy bar and our adventure began.
Here are some comments from their site....
"At the heart of our wines and spirits are the fruits, grains and juices and the people who grow them. We work hard to source high-quality fruits, grains and juices directly from North Carolina and southeastern grower".

 "We started Fair Game Beverage Company with a passion for crafting delicious spirits and fortified wines that would showcase the true flavors and atmosphere of beautiful Chatham County, our agriculturally rich home 
in the heart of North Carolina"
Fair Game
I was not sure what fortified wine was so I consulted Wikipedia and they said.
"Fortified wine is a wine to which a distilled spirit, usually brandy, is added"

 I think the still is distinctive.  Granted I have never seen a still before but I liked the look of this one.
Cindy said it looked like something out of Dr. Seuss and that would make sense because the address of our location is Lorax Lane:-)




 After the tour, we headed back to the bar for our tasting.  And happy day there was a band and they were great.  I decided to do the wine tasting and Cindy chose the spirits.

 Of the wines I tasted my favorite was Ferris.  I bought 2 bottles.  We had one at our Thanksgiving dinner and the other I will give a lucky person for a Christmas gift.
Cindy bought a bottle of the No'Lasses.  She said it would go great with coke.  
She also bought a bottle of the Ferris.
Another great evening of adventure thanks to Groupon and Fair Game.
We sipped our wine and enjoyed the band.
Life is good:-)
If you get a chance and you are in the Pittsboro area I suggest you give them a call to set up an appointment for  a distillery tour.  You won't be disappointed.
Happy Travels and Adventures!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York