Media Musings-Movies "Ghost Town"

"Only a life lived for others is worth living"
Albert Einstein

                                                           
I have to admit this is one of my favorite movies.  Yes, it is about ghosts but so much more.
It starts off with the story of a rude, antisocial dentist.  Such an unhappy man.  He seems to have no hope, no purpose, just getting by in life with zero joy.  During a routine hospital procedure he dies.  They bring him back after seven minutes and he seems fine only now he can see dead people.  He sees all the folks that have died and have unfinished business here on earth and thus can't move on.  When they notice Dr. Pincus can see them the push is on to get him to help them on their pursuit to tie up their loose ends

Then of course you have Frank, he is so cute but what a jerk. He is a successful man in business but not in his personal life.  He is a liar, an adulterer, a narcissist, yes a jerk. He has no problem denying and justifying the pain he causes others.  (Personal note: Wait, I know someone like that.)


Gwen was Frank's wife.  Devastated by the pain caused by her husband.  She summed him up with the term..."Disloyal" (Personal note: Wait I know someone like that.) 
 I like her quote 
                                   "We get the one life....what happens matters"

My favorite character is Dr. Prashar.  He is kind and caring. He teaches Dr. Pincus that there is a better way to live his life, caring for and helping others.

I will leave you wondering:
Does Dr. Pincus change?
Does Frank Move on?
Does anyone fall in love?
Gotta watch the movie to find out:-)
Great movie.
I suggest you watch it.  It is a fun flick.
If you watch it let me know what you think.
I will give it a 9.5/10 on my movie enjoyment scale.
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York