Travel Fashion....The Finger Lakes NY. The Rain Coat.



I am thinking ahead to my upcoming trip to the Finger Lakes in New York.  So excited.  What should I wear in the 
fall in NY?  I don't have any idea.  First I researched the weather.  It seems to vary.  Could be warm but can be quite 
chilly.  So I started asking around.  I talked with a man this week that said the Finger Lakes were his old stomping ground.  He said be sure and take a raincoat, that this area was known for its rain.  Ok, that is a good place to start. 
 I consulted amazon.  I added a few rain quotes too:-)
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
Dolly Parton


$69.95
"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain; 
What a wonderful feeling, I'm happy again."
Arthur Freed

$63.99 cute but no hood.

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. 
Let the rain sing you a lullaby."
Langston Hughes

$197.50.  This is my favorite one:-)

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. 
Author Unknown


$99.99

Now I am going to run by the mall to see what I can find.  If I can't find anything I will come back and order one of these beautiful rain jackets.  I will probably go with the $69 version to save a bit of money:-)
Next post I will need to look for some other items for my trip.  I will need something to wear to lectures, on a
 boat ride, to dinners, to wineries, on hikes, and sightseeing in the towns and museums.
Happy Shopping and travels everyone!
Kathiey:-)

FALL IN THE FINGER LAKES

September, 45° Low - 72° High
October, 35° Low - 61° High
November, 28° Low - 49° High

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC