Saturday, August 8, 2015

My A-Z Adventures in NC.."E" is for Emerald Isle...Collecting Shells on the Beach

As I am thinking back on my trip to Emerald Isle with Cindy I recall our wonderful day on the beach searching for shells.  I have never spent time collecting sea shells.  Little did I know that was about to change as Cindy taught me the skill and love for shell searching....
"It is perhaps a more fortunate destiny to have a taste for collecting 
shells then to be born a millionaire”
Robert Louis Stevenson

"Try to be a turtle—at ease in your own shell”
Bill Copeland



"What a beautiful day on the beach.  The beauty of the ocean, the smell of the salt air, the feel of the sand under my feet and between my toes and oh the beautiful shells".
KathieyV:-)


I learned something else about shells this week.  I was browsing a new jewelry store in the area and I saw a stone that caught my attention.  When I asked the clerk what type of stone it was she said it was an Abalone gem made from the inside of sea shells.  I found this photo online....beautiful.  I think I may need to buy a necklace in memory of collecting shells on the beautiful Emerald Isle Beach.  (Blog post to follow on Shopping With Kathiey.)
So if you find yourself on the beach I suggest you spend some time looking for sea shells.  It is a fun and peaceful way to spend part of your day.
Get out and go on an adventure.
Happy Travels
KathieyV:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment