"Daydream Travel Adventures"...Haiku Stairs, Oahu Hawaii

I saw this photo on Twitter, the Haiku Stairs in Oahu Hawaii. Wow, it would be a perfect thing for me to do.  I would love the stair hike and the view.  Exercise and photos who could ask for more?  So I began to plan my "Daydream Travel Adventure"...
As I began my research I was sad to find that these amazing stairs are closed.  There was a major storm, according to the Huff Post, that destroyed what was left of the stairs.  They also said that the hike was an illegal one that could get you in trouble with the law.

For now, because this is my Daydream Travel Adventure lets pretend it is open to the public.  Let's go...
According to Wikipedia,  there are 3,922 steps along the Ko'olau Mountain Range.
Where would we stay on our adventure...? I have decided to stay at the Kahala Resort and Spa and since money is no object I will be staying in one of their signature suites...
"Private and exclusive, the Kahala Kai Suite is conveniently situated in the 
Dolphin Lagoon Wing, a secluded area of the resort offering easy access to the beautiful 
crescent-shaped beach, pool and Jacuzzi areas, and other resort amenities."
Kahala Resort website
Below are photos from their site....(They even have dolphins:-)









I have enjoyed my "Daydream Travel Adventure"  So far today I took a swim with the dolphins, walked the stairs on the mountain top and now I am headed back to the hotel for a dip in the pool and a nice cold drink.  By the way, it will only cost a mere $846.00 per night.  Glad it is only Daydream travel:-)
Happy Travels everyone, even if they are only in your mind.
Kathiey:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York